Philip is a partner in the property department and deals with all aspects of commercial property.
Philip has a particular specialism acting for occupiers in the leisure and hospitality sector in relation to all of their property law requirements, having developed this part of his practice over 20 years.
His restaurant clients range from some of the biggest restaurant operators in the UK (Wagamama, PizzaExpress and Prezzo) to award winning independents such as The Palomar, The Barbary and Bocca di Lupo. He was also Chairman of a restaurant company listed on the AIM for over 9 years.
He acts for Everyman Media Limited on its cinema acquisition work and also has a number of pub/bar and retail clients.
This work that Philip does for his occupier clients ranges from acquisitions to all forms of estate management.
Philip is also a property investment specialist, acting for a number of mostly family run property investment companies.
In the 2018 Edition of the Legal 500, Philip is described as being “supremely knowledgeable”.
Examples of Philip’s experience include:
- Acting on numerous restaurant lettings annually across the country and in most of the major regional shopping and leisure schemes / central London estates.
- Acting on the disposal of a portfolio of 21 properties by way of sale and leaseback with capped and collared RPI rent reviews.
- Acting for a hospitality company on its business purchase of an estate of 11 restaurants.
- Setting up the leasing arrangements, drafting the pro-forma leasehold documentation and dealing with the initial lettings of the hospitality and catering and retail units at ExCeL London.
- Acting on the letting of prominent West End office premises to a leading US newspaper.
- Acting for both purchasers and vendors on numerous auction acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising a number of private family property investment companies in relation to their property interests.
- Acting for a property owner on a successful application to oppose a nomination of its pub premises as an Asset of Community Value.
- Advising a major restaurant group on issues relating to its Company Voluntary Arrangement.
- Acting for Tart London on its recent letting of mixed use event / restaurant / retail and photography studio space at Eccleston Yards.