Andrew is a partner in the commercial property department.
Andrew has been acting for both commercial and residential property developers, including a leading UK construction company, major restaurant operators and a variety of property investors for almost 30 years.
Andrew's development work involves:-
- the acquisition of development sites via options (including strategic option agreements) and conditional contracts;
- drafting and negotiating infrastructure and planning agreements;
- other development associated agreements, including release of rights of light;
- supervising his team in respect of preparing plot/unit sale documentation and all commercial lettings.
Andrew also has in depth experience in Landlord and Tenant law, acting for a number of the firm’s main restaurant clients in respect of restaurant acquisitions and disposals being located in major retail/shopping centres in major towns/cities throughout the country.
Andrew is recommended for commercial property in the Legal 500 (2017) and is described as “diligent and thorough”.
Examples of Andrew’s experience include:
- acting for a major international airline in relation to the redevelopment of its new flagship European head office in Central London;
- advising on the acquisition and development of a 130 unit residential development site for a private house builder and other residential development schemes ranging frequently from 5-80 residential units;
- acting on the acquisition and development of a 195 unit care village development on the South Coast of England;
- advising several self-storage operators/investors, including a UK top four self-storage operator, in respect of the acquisition and development of self-storage sites throughout the UK;
- advising on the acquisition of a £15 million mixed-use commercial building comprising 50 leasehold interests in Holborn, Central London, for non-UK investors, including complex tax arrangements;
- receiving repeat instructions in relation to ongoing leasehold management matters and the ultimate disposal of a £23 million warehouse investment estate near Heathrow Airport;
- acting for an international accountancy firm on two major office lettings in Central London and Surrey for total rents exceeding £1 million per annum;
- acting for an established Italian chocolatier in respect of its retail unit in Soho, Central London;
- acting for a London NHS hospital in relation to a site disposal involving a lift scheme (a hybrid PFI) for the relevant local health area, valued between £100-200 million.