Alex joined Glovers in December 2023 and is a partner in the property finance team.
Alex is a banking and loan servicing specialist focussed on real estate finance transactions. He has a broad practice involving loan origination, restructuring and enforcement. He has experience acting for a variety of specialist lenders advancing senior and mezzanine loans for investment and development finance as well as acting for investors and developers in their funding transactions. Alex also acts in distressed loan scenarios for lenders and borrowers and advising and working with Law of Property Act/fixed charge receivers and administrators to work-out different scenarios.
Alex enjoys delivering stress-free transactions for clients and providing clear and commercial advice to achieve their goals.
Examples of Alex’s work include acting for:
- A challenger bank providing c.£5 million funding for a portfolio of pubs.
- A specialist bridge lender in the proposed financing of a c.£25 million acquisition and redevelopment of a shopping centre.
- A debt fund in the c.£27 million investment loan to a central London hotel and then subsequent enforcement and appointment of receivers when the borrower defaulted.
- An aparthotel developer in its c.£8 million financing of a site in West London.
- A developer in its c.£12 million refinance and development financing for a two-phase residential development site in the midlands.
- A debt fund in its refinance of a c.£16 million development loan of a residential site in East London.
- A lender in its enforcement of security and take-over of a student site in the Midlands and subsequent £3 million refinancing with a third-party lender.
- Administrators in their surrender and asset sales relating to several restaurant sites across the UK in respect of a major Italian chain where the main business was sold.