Philip is a partner in the property finance department and deals with all aspects of commercial real estate and property finance.
He has particular expertise acting for banks and specialist lenders in connection with complex secured development finance transactions.
Philip also has experience advising clients in respect of landlord and tenant matters and acquisitions, disposals, lettings and management of investment property.
As a fluent German, French and Luxembourgish speaker, Philip regularly represents clients from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and the Benelux States in relation to their commercial property requirements in England and Wales.
Examples of Philip’s experience include:
- Acting for several banks and specialist development funders in connection with the provision of secured finance for the development of new build houses and apartments.
- Acting for a bank in respect of a multi-million pound investment loan secured over two multi-let office buildings.
- Advising a bank in connection with a £10,000,000 investment facility secured over a luxury residential conversion in Central London.
- Acting for the UK subsidiaries of various Austrian and German manufacturing companies in connection with their UK head office, warehouse and factory relocations.
- Acting for an offshore family trust in connection with the acquisition and disposal of a portfolio of top end residential investment properties in Belgravia, London.
- Advising on the acquisition of a number of new high end retail shop units for various overseas retail brands.
Philip is a member of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in GB, the German-British Chamber of Industry and Commerce and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association.
Philip is praised for being “very easy to work with” and a “first class property lawyer” in the Legal 500 Guide to the UK Legal Profession – 2021 edition. Other testimonials from the Legal 500 include:
- “Philip Mundy is quick, efficient, technically astute and takes a commercial view.”
- “Phil Mundy is our go-to property lawyer in London. He will always gel with clients, he’s very easy to work with and at the same time highly intelligent so you know you’re in good hands, irrespective of the client type.”
- “Philip Mundy always provides seamless advice. He has managed a large number of transactions for us and always delivers on time.”