Sikin is a partner and the head of the firm’s employment department. Sikin deals with all aspects of employment law, both contentious
She has particular experience in advising employers on TUPE issues, disciplinary, grievance and redundancy procedures and on drafting
employee handbooks and contracts. She regularly advises both employers and high net worth employees on negotiating the terms of employment
contracts, settlement agreements and employment tribunal claims such as those for unfair dismissal, contractual disputes and all types of
Sikin has a wealth of experience in acting for restaurants, financial institutions, schools, directors and senior managers.
Examples of Sikin's experience include:
- Advising a well-known overseas football manager in relation to his employment contract with a Premier League club.
- Successfully defending a TUPE claim brought by an ex-employee of a restaurant business following disposal of the restaurant premises to a well-known national multisite operator.
- Acting for a large financial institutional employer client in defending claims of unfair dismissal, discrimination and harassment brought by a senior employee. The senior employee did not succeed in any of her claims.
- Successfully defending a former senior employee in connection with an injunction application relating to the enforcement of restrictive covenants by the previous employer.
- Defending an independent school against an injunction application made by a parent. The parent’s application was refused outright.
- Advising a multisite restaurant operator on the employment aspects of acquiring 17 new restaurants, which involved TUPE and redundancy issues as well as negotiating the relevant employment clauses in the sale and purchase agreement.
- Advising businesses on the employment and associated corporate aspects of removing directors from office.
- Advising a corporate client on a mass redundancy programme.
- Advising two large organisations in connection with the updating and overhaul of its staff handbooks and contracts.
Sikin is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association.